Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Medieval Hercules at His Finest

 I really don’t mid this story that much, I actually sort of like it. Its got a lot of action a great adventure for a good cause, but the only part that was getting on my nerves was all the complaining from her and how much she’s all over the place with her relationships. One page she’s deeply in love with Lancelot, she sees him like and angel that fell from haven…. Then when he crossed that ultimate hard sword bridge he like thought about leaving and going back for like 2 seconds and bang right turn she hates him, doesn’t even want to be around him for awhile.

Of course later she falls for him again like he’s a modern Brad Pitt and he’s the man again.

This story kind of reminds me of Hercules. A strong man solder type person on a mission that everyone hates but secretly sort of resents, then he goes off and proves his worth and gains respect of all the people, becomes a hero and lastly has to go on a big mission that will save his lover, nut also put his life in danger. Hercules was always my favorite Disney movie growing up…. So maybe that’s why this one of my favorite stories we’ve read so far because they both have such similar story lines…. Almost to similar.

I don’t think it’s just Hercules that is similar to this story and Lancelot; to me I see a relationship with a lot of hero type books or movies. They are special, rejected at first, then people start to love them, then they find the love of their life, then they are put in a situation where they have to choose between their safety and the safety of others, you think they are going to fail then all of a sudden they save everyone and live happily ever after. 

2 comments:

  1. It's interesting that you bring up Hercules, because I was also thinking about the archetypal Hero, who is found all over the world. All cultures have mythic heroes, and I was wondering how much of Lancelot's legend is also found elsewhere? I think the high drama and romance and fantasy of the romances actually inspired a lot of Disney movies too, whether it's through folklore that the movies are based off of, or directly, kind of like Robin Hood (even though it came a bit later).

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of Disney movies are overly romantic! It makes sense...Hercules was a great comparison. But yeah, I think she is super crazy with her thoughts. She doesn't know what she wants.

    ReplyDelete