Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Monster in law

This story interested me. While it wasn't my favorite, it was nice to see a female character take the lead. However, there were some things that, if I were Emare, I would have done differently. For example, Emare's father banished her to the sea just because she would not marry him. First of all, that's messed up, and second of all, ew. Just ew. Incest is not cool...

Overall, I think of Emare as a very strong character because she finds the ability to forgive her father and on top of that survive everything she went through. I think she deserved to have a happy ending, and I am very pleased that she got it.

Image result for strong woman poster

I was a little curious about how Emare's mother in law was unforgiven, and yet Emare's father was. Sure she tried to get in between their love and break it apart, but if you think about it, what Emare's father did was far worse. I mean you could just simply ignore her whereas Emare was punished for not listening to what her father wanted. I guess I kind of get it though... her father was remorseful while the mother in law was not. Some people just have to have their own way and throw a tantrum of sorts if they do not. Monster (I mean mother) in laws...you can't live with them but you can't live without them.

Jennifer Lopez Jane Fonda animated GIF


Great story with some weird concepts.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, it was really great that Emare got her happy ending. Especially since she grabbed it herself with her own power. It was very heartwarming and empowering seeing a female character, no doubt, use her intelligence and cleverness to maneuver the characters such as she did. It was just awesome. It also showed a different kind of power, brain power!! She stood back and took her punishments, undeserved, and waited for the opportunity to arise. I like your point about the mother-in-law. I honestly didn't even think of that!! Perhaps it goes back to our discussion of the mutual hate that readers felt about mother-in-laws? I could see that being a reason.

    ReplyDelete